Thursday, May 28, 2020

The Purifying Power of Gethsemane

Years ago I remember hearing a talk by Bruce R. McConkie. The words that I remember him speaking at a conference were, "In the coming days..." I could not remember anymore of these words so I searched and found the talk that was held on April 1985. The Purifying Power of Gethsemane is where you can here him bear his testimony of Jesus Christ. This are the words I remember in his talk to the world, "I am one of his witnesses, and in a coming day I shall feel the nail marks in his hands and in his feet and shall wet his feet with my tears. But I shall not know any better then than I know now that he is God’s Almighty Son, that he is our Savior and Redeemer, and that salvation comes in and through his atoning blood and in no other way." On Friday, April 19, 1985, he passed away to meet his master, Jesus Christ and felt the nail marks in his hands and in his feet. In the article Elder Bruce R. McConkie Dies you read more about him. In the church hymn book, he is the one who wrote the words for the song, I Believe in Christ. That is one of my favorite church songs. Take time to read this powerful talk by Bruce R. McConkie. Christ lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment