Friday, January 24, 2020

D&C 25:2

In Doctrine and Covenants 25:2 it reads, "A revelation I give unto you concerning my will; and if thou art faithful and walk in the paths of virtue before me, I will preserve thy life, and thou shalt receive an inheritance in Zion." There is a footnote for the word "walk". It is found in Deuteronomy 30:16. There is also one for the words "virtue" and "inheritance". Go to Doctrine and Covenants 25:2 to find those footnotes and continue to learn more of the meaning of those words.

We need to keep all of the commandments of Our Heavenly Father. We need to live righteous lives so we can be worthy of all the blessings he has in store for us. If we live virtuous lives we will be able to feel the Holy Ghost and know what Our Heavenly Father wants us to do. It is those small thoughts we get everyday that will help us know what the Holy Ghost wants us to do. We may think it is our own thoughts but most of the time it is really the Holy Ghost. Make time to have quiet moments without any distraction so you can hear the promptings of the Holy Ghost.

As I think about the Holy Ghost, it reminds me a song I learned in Primary years ago. It is called The Still Small Voice. What a powerful song! You can listen to this song at the church website.

See: President Nelson's Challenge: Spiritual Treasures

No comments:

Post a Comment