Friday, January 24, 2020

D&C 25:1

A thought I had was to replace my name with "Emma Smith" in the first verse in this revelation to Joseph Smith about his wife. Doctrine and Covenants 25:1 "Hearken unto the voice of the Lord your God, while I speak unto you, Emma Smith, my daughter; for verily I say unto you, all those who receive my gospel are sons and daughters in my kingdom."

I know this method is used when reading the scriptures to make it more personalized. So, for this verse, look for the parentheses to see what you need to do in the verse. "Hearken unto the voice of the Lord your God, while I speak unto you, Emma Smith (Add your name here), my daughter (Add "son" here if you are his son); for verily I say unto you, all those who receive my gospel are sons and daughters in my kingdom." The Lord is speaking to Emma Smith in this verse, but he is also speaking to all of us too, "...we are all sons and daughters of him."

See: President Nelson's Challenge: Spiritual Treasures

No comments:

Post a Comment